MEET OUR DOCTORSDr. Clifton Thomas
About Dr. Clifton Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas is known as “Houston’s most beloved bariatric surgeon.” With two locations for bariatric and reflux practice, he sees patients in the greater Houston area and the Humble Northeast areas as well. His skill set in laparoscopic surgery is of the highest level. His knowledge of nutritional counseling and guidance with his bariatric patients is what puts himself and the practice above others.
“I have an enormous passion for what I do. I wake up every morning eager to do more. I’m very fortunate that I get to use my skill-set in surgery, and then see and feel how that changes peoples’ lives for the better” – Cliff Thomas, M.D.
Thomas is one of the first surgeons in the Houston area to get the coveted Center of Excellence designation, which is rewarded to surgeons with documented quality care and low complication rates.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION WITH DR. THOMAS
Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
- Few surgeons have performed minimally invasive weight loss surgery as long as Dr. Thomas.
- What most separates Dr. Thomas from his colleagues is how he gets the surgery done and spends one office visit monthly helping patients change their eating habits.
- Change eating habits + surgery = LONG TERM SUCCESS
- Dr. Thomas has done all of the different procedures and now only does the sleeve gastrectomy because it is a safe procedure and pairs well with changing eating habits.
- He has an excellent staff to answer questions and walk patients through the entire process.
Heartburn and Reflux Surgery
- Stop heartburn and reflux by an experienced surgeon who has performed over 1,000 procedures and has 25-year history of excellence.
- You can put a stop medications like Omeprazole, Prilosec, Nexium, Zantac, Pepcid and live heartburn free.
- Go home the same day as surgery and back to full activities within days.
- Lessen risk of esophageal cancer which is caused by persistent heartburn.
Watch Our Patient Videos
Scroll Below and Learn More By Clicking Videos of Interest
What Makes Us Different
Questions on what is Reflux?
Listen to Dr. Thomas on Hiatal Hernia?
Am I a Candidate for Surgery
Surgery or Medications?
Why Only the Sleeve Gastrectomy?
Lap Band Revisions
Cost of Weight Loss Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
MD: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
BS: University of Texas, Austin
Resident in Surgery: Marshall University School of Medicine, Huntington, WV
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society for Bariatric Surgery